As a huge fan of co-washing, I tend to accumulate tons of products and dead cells on my scalp which does nothing to help hair growth. Recently, I discovered ‘scalp exfoliating’ which not only cleanses your scalp thoroughly, but also gets rid of dead skin cells on the scalp.
I shampoo regularly, is this necessary?
Yes! It is necessary. Sometimes, shampooing gets rid of product build up but not always excess oil, natural sebum and dead skin cells which can clog your hair pores and prevent growth.
- Brown sugar
- Conditioner (Leave-in or rinse out)
- Mix the items above in a bowl, I used my discretion for measurement but ensure the brown sugar has a higher ratio.
- Part your hair in small sections for easier access to your scalp.
- Scoop a bit of the mix and gently rub onto scalp with the pad of your finger tips and not your nails.
- Rinse out with shampoo
- Proceed to condition/deep condition/style.
8 thoughts on “DIY: Scalp Exfoliator”
Why didn’t I think of this before. Will definitely try it..
I tried this once. I should do it again on my next washday. My scalp has been flaking extra, time to exfoliate. 🙂
Heard about this but never tried it.
I’ll give it a shot.
Nigerian and Natural
I’m so gonna try this. We exfoliate our skin to get rid of dead skin cell so why not our scalps?!
Yes, exactly! You really should.
I have always been wanting to try this. Dunno what’s wrong with me sef. I can’t wait to take out this hair and try out new stuff.
Coily Head of Hair
Love this idea 🙂 I’m so trying it.
Let me know how it goes for you !