As a huge fan of co-washing, I tend to accumulate tons of products and dead cells on my scalp which does nothing to help hair growth. Recently, I discovered ‘scalp exfoliating’ which not only cleanses your scalp thoroughly, but also gets rid of dead skin cells on the scalp.
I shampoo regularly, is this necessary?
Yes! It is necessary. Sometimes, shampooing gets rid of product build up but not always excess oil, natural sebum and dead skin cells which can clog your hair pores and prevent growth.
- Brown sugar
- Conditioner (Leave-in or rinse out)
- Mix the items above in a bowl, I used my discretion for measurement but ensure the brown sugar has a higher ratio.
- Part your hair in small sections for easier access to your scalp.
- Scoop a bit of the mix and gently rub onto scalp with the pad of your finger tips and not your nails.
- Rinse out with shampoo
- Proceed to condition/deep condition/style.