My exams got postponed again and I couldn’t put off blogging any longer. One trend you might have noticed is the ‘bob braids/locs’, you might have considered getting it done or have already. I did. It’s quite cheap to get done and an easy fix for ‘when you don’t know what to do with your hair’. You get to see all the fine pictures as inspiration but I’ve not seen/heard anybody listing the cons. These are a few things you should know before you get your bob braids done;
- It’s a good way to relive your childhood. No, seriously, take out your family photo album and look at your childhood pictures, you might see something familiar.
- The braids get rough quickly. There’s a 90% chance the ends of your braids would be sealed by burning, the burnt ends would rub against other parts and voila! Rough braids under a week.
- If you have sensitive skin, your neck is in for a rough time. I had tiny bumps at the back of my neck from where the burnt ends were rubbing against it and I was constantly irritated.
- Your styling options are limited. You literally cannot pack this hair into any style, you don’t get tired and decide you want to do a bun. Nope.
- If you have long hair, this isn’t for you, just admire from a distance and move on. I had parts of my hair at the back burnt off but I didn’t mind because I’ve been chopping off my colored tips.
- Finally, mine didn’t look as good in person, I saw a friend’s own and I loved it. But I didn’t accessorize mine so it only looked good in pictures and not as much in person.